After my recent blog about the history of segregation in San Francisco and the school lottery I got a great response, as well as heartfelt questions from friends, mostly this: Would you send your kids to a school in __________ (insert rumored “bad” neighborhood/school here)? It’s a genuine question here that any parent understands in our gut. Regardless of our background or politics, as parents, we want the best for our kids. We secretly (or...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "schools"
- People of color: 50%
- Movement people: 50%
- Women: 75%
- People with disabilities: 20%
- LGBTQ people: 20%
- When public heartbreak is the tip of a very ugly iceberg.
- Guest Blog – The new segregation: How can we have racial harmony when our kids go to segregated schools?
- Segregation and The Best San Francisco Schools You’ve Never Heard Of.
- But would you send your kids there…?
- Don’t Leave Money On The Table. How Wonder Woman can help you negotiate a raise.